Thought I would share the recipe for the fruit cake I made y'day. My scrapbooking Buddy Peg (AP) gave me this recipe, it is so delicious.
Peg’s Healthy Low Fat Fruit Cake - Serves 12
. 2 ¾ cups (500g) mixed fruit (apricots, dates, apples etc)
. 1 cup (250g) apricot nectar
. 1 tsp honey
. 1 cup (250g) mashed pumpkin (or orange sweet potato)
. 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
. 1 tsp mixed spice
. 1 tsp bi-carb soda
· Grease 14cm x 21cm loaf tin, cover base with baking paper
· Combine fruit, apricot nectar and honey in medium pan, bring to boil then cool
· Stir in pumpkin/sweet potato, sifted flour, spice and bi-carb soda
· Bake in moderate oven (180ºC – 20º lower if fan forced oven) for about 1 hour
· Remove and cover loaf with foil, cool cake in pan
. Suitable to freeze (if the kids don’t get it first)
Note: 1g fat, 3g fibre, 45g carbohydrate, 810kj per serve.