Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mackel's Bacon & Egg Pie

What a busy little Vegemite I was y'day, baked a low fat, sugar fruit cake to take on our Mini Trip. Also made a Bacon & Egg pie, Kiwi-style, ala my Lil Bro - 'Mackel's B&E Pie'. Six eggs. lots of lean Bacon & Low fat pastry, can't wait to eat it. When my Bro used to stay with us he always used to make a B&E pie, the last time we shared a pie Mackel was the Supervisor and I was student. I was so proud of the pie, so now when Bucko & I travel anywhere I make a pie and remember my darling Lil Bro.



10 October 2007 - R.I.P Mackel - Little Wolf.
Run Strong, Run Free, Run On.



Mackel's Bacon & Egg Pie (Kiwi Style)



Recipe

Pre heat oven to 200ºc (20ºc lower for a fan forced oven).

Get a pie dish – which ever size you like.

Line the dish with your choice of pastry, (I used Low Fat) .

Join pieces of pastry if the dish is too big.

Cut bacon and sprinkle it on to the bottom of the pie.

Break eggs into the pie, use as many as you like, try not to break the yolks.

Sprinkle with more cut bacon.

Season with salt & pepper to taste.

Cover the pie with a pastry sheet, once again join pieces if they don’t fit.

Crimp the edges of the pie together with a fork dipped into water.

Brush the top of the pie with milk (the glaze makes the pie a lovely colour when cooked ).

Bake in an oven set on 200ºc for approx 40mins or until well risen and golden.

Pie can be eaten hot or cold.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment